1. This Agreement is an Addendum and incorporated by reference into the Rental Agreement between Landlord and Resident.
2. Landlord may adopt new rules and regulations or amendments to those rules upon giving thirty (30) days notice in writing. These rules and any changes or amendments have a legitimate purpose and are not intended to be arbitrary or work as a substantial modification of Resident’s rights. They will be equally enforced. Resident is responsible for the conduct of all guests and the adherence to these rules and regulations at all times.
Noise and Conduct
1. Residents shall not make or allow any disturbing noises in the unit by Resident, family or guests, nor permit anything by such persons that will interfere with the rights, comforts or conveniences of other persons.
2. Resident shall ensure that all musical instruments, television sets, stereos, radios, etc., are played at a volume which will not disturb other persons or residents.
3. Resident is responsible for the activities and conduct of Resident, occupants of their unit and their guests, including behavior within their unit, outside of the unit, on the common grounds, parking areas, or any recreation facilities. The activities and conduct or Resident and Resident’s guests shall not annoy or disturb other persons or residents.
4. No lounging, visiting or loud talking that may be disturbing to other Residents will be allowed in the common areas between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m..
Cleanliness and Trash
1. The unit must be kept clean, sanitary and free from objectionable odors at all times.
2. Residents shall assist management in keeping the outside and common areas clean.
3. Resident shall not permit the littering of papers, cigarette butts or trash in and around the unit.
4. Resident shall ensure that no trash or other materials are accumulated which will cause a hazard or be in violation of any health, fire or safety ordinance or regulation.
5. Resident shall ensure that garbage is placed inside the containers provided and lids should not be slammed. Garbage should not be allowed to accumulate and should be placed in the outside containers on a daily basis. Items too large to fit in the trash containers should not be placed adjacent to the containers. Resident shall not dispose of any combustible or hazardous material in the trash containers or bins. Such items will be deemed to be a nuisance and must be disposed of properly by the Resident in accordance with State and local laws.
6. Resident may not leave items in the hallways or other common areas. All furniture must be kept inside the unit. Unsightly items must be kept out of vision.
7. Clothing, curtains, rugs, etc., shall not be shaken or hung outside of any window, ledge, or balcony.
8. No car washing or car repairs are allowed at the property.
1. Security is the responsibility of each Resident. Landlord assumes no responsibility or liability, unless otherwise provided by law, for Residents’ and guests’ safety, or for injury or damage caused by the criminal acts of other persons. Landlord does not provide private protection services for Residents.
2. Resident shall ensure that all doors are locked during Resident’s absence.
3. Resident shall ensure that all appliances be turned off before leaving the unit.
4. When leaving for an extended period, resident shall notify Landlord how long Resident will be away.
5. Prior to any planned absence, Resident shall give Landlord authority to allow entry into unit to any person or provide Landlord with the name of any person or entity permitted by Resident to enter unit.
6. Smoking in bed is prohibited.
7. The use or storage of gasoline, cleaning solvent or other combustibles in the unit is prohibited.
8. The use of charcoal barbecues is prohibited unless consent is obtained from the Landlord.
9. Resident shall ensure that no personal belongings, including bicycles, play equipment or other items, are left in the halls, stairways, or about the building unattended.
Maintenance, Repairs and Alterations
1. If the unit is supplied with smoke detection device(s) upon occupancy, it shall be the responsibility of the Resident to regularly test the detector(s) to ensure that the device(s) is/are in operable condition. The Resident will inform Landlord immediately, in writing, of any defect, malfunction or failure of such smoke detector(s). Resident is responsible to replace smoke detector batteries, if any, as needed unless otherwise provided by law.
2. Resident shall advise Landlord, in writing, of any items requiring repair (dripping faucets, light switches, etc.). Notification should be immediate in an emergency or, for normal problems, within business hours. Repair requests should be made as soon as the defect is noted.
3. Service requests should be made in writing, addressed and delivered to Landlord, and not directly to maintenance personnel.
4. Costs of repair or clearance of stoppages in waste pipes or drains, water pipes or plumbing fixtures caused by Residents’ negligence or improper usage are the responsibility of the Resident. Payment for corrective action must be paid immediately by Resident upon demand by Landlord.
5. Resident shall make no alterations or improvements without the consent of Landlord, including painting or wallpaper, shelving or flooring. Any article attached to the woodwork, walls, floors or ceilings shall be the sole responsibility of the Resident. Resident shall be liable for any repairs necessary during or after residency to restore premises to the original condition. Glue or tape shall not be used to affix pictures or decorations.
Vehicles and Parking
1. Resident shall only use assigned parking spaces and shall ensure that their guests park only in unassigned areas or designated guest parking at all times, and will not park in another resident’s designated parking space. Vehicles parking in unauthorized areas or in another resident’s space may be towed away at the expense of the vehicle’s owner.
2. Inoperable, abandoned, unregistered vehicles or vehicles leaking fluids are subject to tow pursuant to California Vehicle Code section 22658.
3. All vehicles on the premises must be operational, registered, insured and free from leaking fluids. There shall be no vehicle repairs or maintenance performed, nor any washing of vehicles, on or about the premises.
4. No Resident shall keep, maintain or allow to remain on the premises for a period in excess of seven (7) days, any non-working, inoperable or non-functioning vehicle of any kind. The parties agree that the presence of any such vehicle on the premises for a period in excess of seven (7) days shall constitute a nuisance within the provisions of California Civil Code section 3479 and may, at Landlord’s option, be the basis for terminating the tenancy herein.
5. Garages, if provided, are to be used for the parking of operable, registered vehicles only and not for the storage of other personal property.